Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Start your Search by learning more about the process and most common questions and answers.
The checklist on the side and information bellow will help you to be more prepared for your home search.
Overall, the Tampa Bay area offers a compelling mix of natural beauty, vibrant city life, affordability, and convenience. Residents and visitors enjoy:
- 20 MILES OF BEACH - Tampa Bay beaches have been rated among the best in the state and in the country.
- BEAUTIFUL WEATHER - The Average High Temperature is 82 degrees. Average Low Temperature is 63 degrees.
- BUSINESS GROWTH - Many public and private companies have headquarters in the Tampa Bay area, creating a very healthy business climate and robust opportunities in healthcare, finance, technology, and tourism.
- MANY ACTIVITIES - Tampa Bay has many activities for locals and visitors including dining out, shopping, golfing, cruises, water sports, fishing and visiting museums, state parks, and local attractions such as Busch Gardens Theme Park, The Florida Aquarium and Lowry Park Zoo.
- SPORTS TEAMS TO ROOT FOR - Cheer on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Storm (football), Rays and MLB minor league teams (baseball), Lightning (hockey), Rowdies (soccer), college sports teams (University of South Florida and University of Tampa) and recreational leagues.
Financing the purchase
If you need a loan in order to purchase a home - first step is to talk to a mortgage broker. I can recommend professionals in this field who can give you more information about loan programs, interest rates, payment estimate, closing costs and everything related to financing aspect of the deal.
If there is a need to sell your current home before buying a home, that aspect needs to be completed before looking at a ton of homes. The selling process is taking longer in today's market than the buying process. The buyer will not want to get hopes elevated only to see the home go to another buyer due to a lack of funds. Contact Me to discuss options to archive the best results
Learning your preferences
In order to learn what you are looking for, these might be the questions I will be asking: What areas are you interested in or trying to stay close to? Type and size of the property? Must have and prefer to have features? Price range? Many communities have restrictions. Remember to mention if you have pets, have RV, need to be able to rent out the property or any other concerns.
Tampa Bay is a LARGE metro area
Tampa Bay metro Area is second largest in Florida. It consist of three main counties: Hillsborough (Tampa and suburbs); Pinellas (Saint Petersburg, Clearwater and areas around closer to Gulf beaches) and Pasco (Northern areas like Wesley Chapel, Land O Lakes and around). Depending what you are looking to stay close to (work, beach, etc.), we can narrow down towns/areas to consider.
Do Your Homework
It is going to be YOUR Home, do the home work and learn as much about the area as you can to make sure it matches YOUR preferences and expectations. Taking a little drive through the streets, weaving in and out of the neighborhood will save a lot of time and angst if you find something that you certainly do not want to live near.
One Realtor for all
All of us, agents, work together and have the same access to all of the properties listed in our MLS database. Buyers just need to pick one agent they trust to show them any available homes for sale, including builders. If you find something online or driving by - just give your Realtor the address and they will setup a showing. Learn More WHY you Want a Realtor on Your Side.
"What should I offer?"
It is one of the most common questions I hear. The market is a volatile, different neighborhoods have different trends, and all properties are unique. Prior to making an offer with my clients, I make a research to see recent sales and values in same area to determine negotiation strategy.
Schools and Demographics
Discussions about schools or demographics can raise questions about steering which is illegal. There are links on my website where you can research data and statistics for schools and demographics and determine for yourself what works for you and your family.