Apollo Beach is a lovely waterfront area ensconced on the eastern side of the Tampa Bay. Around 55 canals twine through the community, ushering boaters right from their homes to the waters of Tampa Bay, and all the way to the Gulf, passing under the magnificent Sunshine Skyway Bridge.
► ALL Apollo Beach Homes for Sale
► Apollo Beach Town Homes for Sale
► Condos for Sale in Apollo Beach
► Popular Apollo Beach Communities:
In Apollo Beach, master-planned communities like Mira Bay, Waterset and Osprey Landing offer the relaxed Florida lifestyle -- the famous sunset views and birds in flight right from the comfort of one's own backyard or from resort-like amenities. The waters surrounding the communities affords residents great water views and year-round boating, fishing and other leisurely water activities.
- Recreation and Sports: Apollo Beach Golf Club, Apollo Beach Park and Recreation; Apollo Beach Dog Park.
- Population and area: Nearly 15,000 people and nearly 6,000 households as of the 2010 census. Total area of 5.9 square miles.
- Nearby nature parks: E.G. Simmons Regional Park and Wolf Branch Creek Nature Preserve in Ruskin.
- Residents can also dash to the nearby family-oriented Ruskin Family Drive-In Theatre to experience the joy of the good old days.
- Top attractions: Manatee Viewing Center at the Tampa Electric Plant and Apollo Beach Nature Preserve (All Free!)
- Commute: Quick access to US Highway 41 and I-75 to go to Tampa, St. Pete, Sarasota and Orlando. All within 30-60 mins drive.
- Schools: Apollo Beach Elementary, Inez Doby Elementary, Eisenhower Middle School, East Bay High School. Nearby is the SouthShore campus of the Hillsborough Community College.