The Florida High Tech Corridor Council is a regional economic development initiative of the University of Central Florida (UCF), the University of South Florida (USF) and the University of Florida (UF) established in 1996. The council's mission is to grow high tech industry and innovation through partnerships that support research, marketing, workforce and entrepreneurship.
The council has been a force multiplier working to unleash the exponential potential of the 23-county region it represents since its inception. It is anchored by three of the country’s top research institutions–University of Central Florida, University of South Florida and the University of Florida–which converge and catalyze the capacity of high tech, innovation and bright minds to generate a global ripple effect that advances the lives of people in the communities it serves.
Some of the council's achievements include:
- Over 400 industry partners have invested in research projects with 14 state and community colleges and three universities.
- The council has targeted 11 high-tech industry sectors for growth.
- The council has helped over 1,000 students graduate annually from three universities and 14 state and community colleges.
The council offers a supportive community, funding resources and tailored services that can help transform ideas to impact. It supports high-tech businesses, entrepreneurs, faculty, students and job seekers driving regional innovation. The council also provides grant opportunities or R&D support, help starting a high-tech or tech-enabled business, finding or training talent, and growing innovation ecosystem.
(1) The Florida High Tech Corridor. https://floridahightech.com/contact/
(2) Florida High Tech Corridor Council - Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_High_Tech_Corridor_Council
(3) Florida High Tech Corridor | Unleashing the Region's Expotential. https://floridahightech.com/
(4) Florida High Tech Corridor Council - Wikiwand. https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Florida_High_Tech_Corridor_Council
(5) Florida High Tech Corridor - Team Orlando News. https://teamorlando.org/fhtc/