If you’re looking for a home in the Tampa Bay area, take a look at the FishHawk Ranch master planned
community located in Lithia, about 16 miles east of downtown Tampa.
1. Children in FishHawk Ranch are served by highly-rated schools: three elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school. All these are either inside FishHawk or within 1.5 miles of FishHawk.
- Colleen Lunsford Bevis Elementary
- Glenn Barrington Middle School
- FishHawk Creek Elementary
- James P. Randall Middle School
- Dick Stowers Elementary School
- Joe E. Newsome High School
2. There are 5 quality pre-schools inside FishHawk:
- Creative World – FishHawk
- FishHawk Early Learning Center
- FishHawk Early Learning Center 2
- The Learning Experience
- Kids ‘R’ Kids
3. Enjoy nature with 25 miles of trails and wide open parks inside FishHawk.
4. FishHawk has won awards for its nature preservation, sustainable development and community promotion
Major awards include:
- The First and the Largest Green Community in Hillsborough County, from the Florida Green Building
- Community preservation award from the National Arbor Day Foundation
- Community preservation award from the State of Florida
- Green Construction Aurora Award from the Florida Home Builders Association
- Best Community Site Plan Grand Aurora Award from the Florida Home Builders Association
- One of Top 50 Master-Planned Communities in the U.S. from John Burns Real Estate Consulting
- Green Community of the Year from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Best Community to Raise a Family from Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine
- Best in American Living Award from Professional Builder Magazine and NAHB
- Nation’s Top Master-Planned Community from the National Arbor Day Foundation
5. You can choose from 18 models of homes developed by 10 FishHawk-accredited builders:
- Arthur Rutenberg Homes
- Ashton Woods
- Beazer Homes
- Cardel Homes
- David Weekley Homes
- ICI Homes
- Homes by John C Fowke
- Homes by West Bay
- Ryland Homes
- Sabal Homes
Choose from models of single-family homes, townhomes, luxury homes and 55-plus homes.
6. The home price range is wide, from less than $200,000 to more than $1 million.
7. You have easy access to award-winning universities and other higher education institutions.
- University of South Florida
- University of Tampa
- Hillsborough Community College
- Everest University
- ITT Technical Institute
8. You can walk or bike to neighborhood parks, pools, clubhouses, community centers, sports facilities and other playing fields. If you choose to, you can join neighborhood clubs or attend workshops and community events.
9. Enjoy your favorite foods and drinks at these dining places:
- Anthony’s Italian Restaurant
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- FishHawk Bagels
- FishHawk Pizza
- Jakes Wayback Burgers
- Outback Steakhouse
- Panera Bread
- Park Square Pizza
- The Scrambled Egg
- TNT Smoothies
- Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse
10. Satisfy your shopping needs right inside FishHawk and in places nearby:
- Publix Super Market
- International Plaza Mall
- Westfield Mall Brandon
- The Home Depot
- Prime Outlets
- Fresh Market
- Just Ride Bicycles, Inc.
- Rich’s Backyard Birds
- Stein Mart
- The Green Boutique
- Carousel Kinds
- Dog Gone Holistic
11. Learn the arts or pamper yourself with spa or beauty care near your home.
- Tampa Bay Speech Language and Reading Clinic
- Julestarz Academy for the Performing Arts
- The Art Monkey
- Ambiance Salon and Spa
12. If you work at MacDill Air Force Base, join lots of military families who have settled in FishHawk Ranch. There are special builder offers for military families and there’s a HART shuttle bus service between MacDill and FishHawk Ranch.
13. You are close to some of nature’s best gifts, such as the Alafia River, lands protected by Hillsborough County’s Environmental Lands Acquisition and Protection Program (ELAPP), the 160-acre Lithia Springs Regional Park and and other Tampa public parks.
14. You enjoy great views of trees and other greens. Roads were routed to preserve existing trees and other plants. Most utility cables and wires are underground to preserve the open views. Drought-resistant native plants were chosen to reduce water consumption.
15. FishHawk Ranch is developed by nationally-recognized and multi-awarded developer Newland Communities, the largest private developer of planned residential and urban mixed-use communities in the country. Its partner is North America Sekisui House, the US-based subsidiary of Japan’s largest developer and homebuilder Sekisui House.